Gurugram is the 21st largest Hindi speaking city of India with a total population of 8,70,000. The second major language of Gurugram is Haryanvi. Major employment in Gurugram district is in the Automobile, Textile, Leather, Electrical, and in the Information Technology industries. Gurugram has 81% workers in Industry and Services, 15% Agricultural workers and 4% Household workers. Gurugram is not as good an agricultural belt today because of increased urbanizations and industrialization. The district derived its name from the name of Guru Dronacharya; the village was given to him as Gurudakshina by his students- the Pandavas. During Akbars reign, the district fell within the subas of Delhi and Agra, and comprised, wholly or partly, the sikars of Delhi, Rewari, SuharPahari and Tijara. With the decline of the Mughal Empire, it remained in a disturbed state as a consequence of fighting between the neighboring chiefs till 1803 CE when most of Gurugram came under the British rule through the Treaty of Surji Arjungaon with Scindia. The town was first occupied by the cavalry unit stationed here to watch the army of Begum Samru of Sardhana, whose principal cantonment was in the village Jharsa, 1.5 km. to the south-east of the town. In 1858 AD, Gurugram was transferred from the North Western Provinces to Punjab.